ETCHINGS, PAINTINGS, WORKS ON PAPER, PHOTOS, SCULPTURE

Thursday, May 5, 2011

MOTION THURSDAY


During a visit to Egypt, before the political drama, my travel companion, Pei Wan Chen took this shot from the window of the bus. I was under the impression that the pyramids are at a distance from Cairo and was astonished to learn that they are just outside the city. They loom large; one catches sight of them in the most surprising places, at the end of a crowded street, from the windows of the bus as it travels throughout that modern, crowded city.  

visit more Motion Thursday here

1 comment:

  1. The pyramids have certainly captured my imagination this week! I forgot to ask if you SAW the Sphinx, now no longer a mystery to me? Such expressive movement is seen here, for something that has been stationary for at least 4000 years!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am an artist and my new endeavor, this blog, is my latest attempt at communicating visually. My friend and fellow artist, Margaret Gosden, is my inspiration. Do check out her blog at http://margaretgosden2.blogspot.com and you will see why I want to do this. I work in several media. My formal training was in etching but I paint, I sculpt in clay, I draw. My best work, in my opinion, results from deeply felt emotions and I have flat files of unsold (but shown) works resulting from my reactions to difficult themes: Hiroshima, the rape of my good friend's daughter, my mother's death, 9/11, my lover's emaciated body before he died. I work through my distress by managing it on paper and canvas. I take vacations from the angst and make images that sometimes people want to hang on their walls. So I am not a totally starving artist. I will turn 70 in June and I can't believe it. What happened? I feel 40, at the oldest, and hope that is how I present myself. I try to keep an open mind, try to accept what comes, try to be kind. I look forward to joining a conversation with other bloggers and learn from them.